Skip navigation
1547 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2012 6:45 PM by Ryan Matte RSS
dmica Rank: White Belt 11 posts since
Oct 29, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 29, 2012 9:46 AM

Cisco Envmon

Hi,

Am trying to monitor cisco devices.. around 300 devices..

Currently am testing with CiscoEnvMon Zenpack.. everything shows up but when trying to test.. example remove 1 power supply from a 65 or 45 I just get the snmp trap oid and thats it.. from the components everything remains normal.. any help?

I also opened a jira

http://jira.zenoss.com/jira/browse/ZEN-3963

Hope to hear from you soon..

Thanks,

David

• Doug Syer Rank: White Belt 27 posts since
    Feb 20, 2012
    1. Nov 13, 2012 11:34 PM (in response to dmica)
    Re: Cisco Envmon

I run that zenpack across a thousand or so cisco devices, it does work but the older verison took some tweaking.  You do want the latest devadvanced details and you may need to tweak your transforms, depending on your setup.

• Ryan Matte ZenossMaster 653 posts since
    Mar 26, 2009
    2. Nov 22, 2012 6:45 PM (in response to dmica)
    Re: Cisco Envmon

Make sure you actually have the appropriate monitoring templates in the class that the devices are in.  By default that pack installs the monitoring templates to /Network/Router/Cisco.  If you create an alternate class such as /Network/Switch/Cisco you need to copy the templates to it from the original location.  It monitors the components by polling for status, not by traps.  In fact, when you get the pack working you should just disable those traps or you'll get 2 events for every hardware failure.  Also, make sure you restarted Zenoss after you installed the pack (which should really be done after installing most packs).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points