Skip navigation
1 2 Previous Next 5953 Views 17 Replies Latest reply: May 25, 2012 6:12 PM by gstreiff RSS
Jo Rhett Rank: White Belt 42 posts since
Feb 13, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

May 23, 2012 1:19 PM

Zenoss 4 download links are broken

If you want us to test Zenoss 4, it would be awful nice of you to have working download links.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/zenoss/files/zenoss-beta/

All of the links except for release notes are broken.  C'mon guys, really?

• dpetzel Rank: Brown Belt 1,141 posts since
    Oct 17, 2010
    1. May 23, 2012 9:53 PM (in response to Jo Rhett)
    Re: Zenoss 4 download links are broken

This post is almost as useless as broken link. I've been downloading the beta files without issues and I can't find any broken links. It might be useful if you provided an exact example of something that is broken if your intent is to have someone fix it.

If your intent was simply to vent, without having any one tak action, mission probably accomplished.

• dpetzel Rank: Brown Belt 1,141 posts since
    Oct 17, 2010
    3. May 24, 2012 6:27 AM (in response to Jo Rhett)

Jo, I apologize for misunderstanding. My point was that on that page, I was able to download all 5 PDF's without an issue. The readme link also downloadedI was also able to click the "builds" folder. I was able to open both of the sub folders in the builds directory, and I was able to download a file from each build.

I tried this on two different machines (albeit both from my house), and had no issues.

• gstreiff ZenossEmployee 78 posts since
    Oct 9, 2008
    5. May 24, 2012 12:47 PM (in response to Jo Rhett)

Jo,

I just hit your link and it pulled the doc down just fine so maybe a temporary issue with the mirror?

SF seems to be playing nicely for me atm.

Curious if anyone else is having this issue.

Glenn

p.s., maybe hit this link again and see if it serves up from a different mirror with better results

http://sourceforge.net/projects/zenoss/files/zenoss-beta/Zenoss_Core_Installation_01-052012-4.2-v04.pdf/download

• bbibeault ZenossEmployee 142 posts since
    May 19, 2009
    7. May 24, 2012 1:59 PM (in response to Jo Rhett)

Jo, I can appreciate your frustration, but so far another community member and now two Zenoss employees directly have responded stating that this is not an issue.  I just downloaded

http://sourceforge.net/projects/zenoss/files/zenoss-beta/Zenoss_Core_Administration_02-052012-4.2-v03.pdf/download

from the first mirror that I was sent to and it worked perfectly.  This isn't a problem with Zenoss, nor is it a problem with Sourceforge.  If you've been debugging a problem it apparently is a problem on your end only.  There is nothing that Zenoss will do about this, because nothing is broken. 

If there is a document in particular that you want access to, or an artifact, let us know and I or someone else will be happy to download it from sourceforge and email it to you.

May 19, 2009
    10. May 24, 2012 3:00 PM (in response to Jo Rhett)

I'm using OS X 10.7.4, Chrome 19.0.1084.46, both in my internal work network and from Time Warner cable at home.  In both cases I was able to download the admin guide and the core RPM from the beta folder, both things that you said did not work.  Glenn and David also were both able to download using their operating systems, browsers, and networks.

I've just shown that there is no issue with OSX 10.7.4 running Chrome 19.0.1084.46.  You state that there is.  There's obviously an issue here for you, so I can't see any option other than the "problem is on your end".

May 19, 2009
    12. May 24, 2012 4:22 PM (in response to Jo Rhett)

CityLan (Moscow, Russian Federation, RU) does not work

Softlayer (Dallas, TX, US) does not work

garr.it (Ancona, Italy, IT) does not work

All of the other mirrors work.  I stand by my previous statement, the downloads are working and I can get the files downloaded.  My "auto-select" works without issue.  If no mirror works for you I have no clue what the problem could be, nor how I can troubleshoot Sourceforge and their mirroring situation.

• gstreiff ZenossEmployee 78 posts since
    Oct 9, 2008
    13. May 24, 2012 4:23 PM (in response to Jo Rhett)

Jo,

I've opened up a ticket with SourceForge:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/ticket/25809

I hate wasting time too and believe me, we want this content to get out to interested folks.

Glenn

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points