Skip navigation
5657 Views 13 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2012 1:55 AM by Andrea Consadori RSS
jcurry ZenossMaster 1,021 posts since
Apr 15, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 16, 2012 8:01 AM

ZenPacks on 4.1.70-1455 - problems with components?

I have tested both the MenuExamples and the Bidge ZenPack on 4.1.70-1455 and most stuff works except for the creation of component attributes of devices.  Has anyone else run into this?

Cheers,

Jane

• Shane Scott ZenossMaster 1,373 posts since
    Jul 6, 2009
    1. Mar 16, 2012 11:31 AM (in response to jcurry)
    Re: ZenPacks on 4.1.70-1455 - problems with components?

jcurry:

What method or means is failing?

--Shane

• Andrea Consadori ZenossMaster 863 posts since
    Feb 11, 2008
    2. Mar 16, 2012 11:54 AM (in response to jcurry)

from zenoss alpha release notes

you just try it?

Updating Custom ZenPacks Custom ZenPacks must be compatible with Python 2.7. You must upgrade custom ZenPacks with Python 2.7-compiled extensions.  If you have a custom ZenPack running on Zenoss 3.2.x that includes alerting rules with custom actions, then you must modify the ZenPack before you can use it with Zenoss Core. Otherwise, the system will produce warning messages similar to this:  WARNING:zen.migrate: <rule>: Successfully migrated rule to Trigger, but was unable to create a Notification -rule has invalid or unknown action type: <action>  You must add the following code to your custom ZenPack, in configure.zcml:  <configure xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope"> <utility factory=".actions.MyAction" provides="Products.ZenModel.interfaces.IAction" name="my_action"/> </configure>  Read the IAction class declaration in $ZENHOME/Products/ZenModel/interfaces.py for documentation of the attributes and methods your action needs to implement. Add the following code to actions.py in your custom ZenPack:  class MyAction(IActionBase): implements(IAction) id = 'my_action' name = 'My Action' actionContentInfo = ICommandActionContentInfo def execute(self, notification, signal): ... def updateContent(self, content=None, data=None): ...  Note that the name attribute in the configure.zcml file matches up to the id attribute in the actions.py file. Examples of implementing actions are in $ZENHOME/Products/ZenModel/actions.py, which declares four core actions: email, page, command, and trap.

Jul 6, 2009
    4. Mar 19, 2012 10:45 AM (in response to jcurry)

Jane:

Which pack is giving you trouble? Double check that the relationships were created and that the modeler isn't trying to use any deprecated methods.

--Shane

• dpetzel Rank: Brown Belt 1,141 posts since
    Oct 17, 2010

Jane,

I've just now tested this on 4.1.70-1462 using ZenPacks.community.f5. I was able to model the devices, and its components are showing up in the UI.

Jul 6, 2009
    7. Mar 19, 2012 2:20 PM (in response to jcurry)

Jane:

try a:

for d in dmd.Devices.deviceSearch():

dd = dmd.Devices.findDevice(str(d.id))

dd.buildRelations()

commit()

commit()

Then try remodeling.

Also, do the paret devices have the correct zPythonClass?

Best,

--Shane

Jul 6, 2009
    9. Mar 19, 2012 3:38 PM (in response to jcurry)

jcurry:

Hangover from St. Patrick's day yet? Just kidding. Glad it's working.

Thanks Jane!

Best,

--Shane

Feb 11, 2008

Hi Shane,

need some work to have a succesfully upgrade when user have 3.2.1 zenoss with wmi community zenpacks.

i don't know if community zenpacks upgrade will be enought, see ticket ZEN-970

ImportError: No module named ZenWin.utils

Feb 11, 2008

also if you try to remove zenpack after upgrade you will have

INFO:zen.Relations:Ignoring unresolvable object '<persistent broken ZenPacks.community.WMIPerf_Windows.Win32DiskDrive.Win32DiskDrive instance '\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x07T\x89'>'

INFO:zen.Relations:Ignoring unresolvable object '<persistent broken ZenPacks.community.WMIPerf_Windows.Win32DiskDrive.Win32DiskDrive instance '\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x07T\x89'>

maybe a cleanup script to clearly remove community_WMI before installing zenoss_WMI would be helpful even if historical data will be loosed

Jul 6, 2009

Oh wow. I might suggest that the user backup, reinstall the pack, manually remove all the components then remove the pack.

--Shane

Feb 11, 2008

in this ticket ( http://jira.zenoss.com/jira/browse/ZEN-1037 ) you can see that if i remove zenpack before upgrade the upgrade will fail.

Starting zeneventserver...Migrating data...

INFO:zen.migrate:Database going to version Zenoss 4.2.0

INFO:zen.migrate:Installing CollectorIpv6Commands (4.0.0)

INFO:zen.migrate:Installing CreateMissingGuids (4.0.0)

WARNING:zen.migrate:Recovering

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenModel/migrate/zenmigrate.py", line 21, in <module>

main()

File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenModel/migrate/zenmigrate.py", line 18, in main

m.main()

File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenModel/migrate/Migrate.py", line 427, in main

self.cutover()

File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenModel/migrate/Migrate.py", line 314, in cutover

self.migrate()

File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenModel/migrate/Migrate.py", line 290, in migrate

m.cutover(self.dmd)

File "/opt/zenoss/Products/ZenModel/migrate/createguids.py", line 43, in cutover

identifier = IGlobalIdentifier(obj)

TypeError: ('Could not adapt', <persistent broken ZenPacks.community.WMIPerf_Windows.Win32Processor.Win32Processor instance '\ x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x07\xe3\xef'>, <InterfaceClass Products.ZenUtils.guid.interfaces.IGlobalIdentifier>)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points