Skip navigation
842 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2012 4:44 AM by Tang Chung Boon RSS
Tang Chung Boon Rank: White Belt 9 posts since
Jun 21, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 9, 2012 11:35 PM

unable to view client details

Hi,

After i sucess installed Zenoss and i try to add one client inside to monitor, however i unable to view the details for the client and it have some error showing "SNMP agent down" .

As most of the forum suggest, first thing that i do is use snmpwalk command, but it reply " Timeout: No response from..." , and then i check my client SNMP service is started, only different is the community name is not "public".

Any other alternative that can help me troubleshoot it and make it works?

Regards, ############################

• jcurry ZenossMaster 1,021 posts since
    Apr 15, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jul 10, 2012 1:31 AM (in response to Tang Chung Boon)
    Re: unable to view client details

You need to configure Zenoss to match the community name used by your target machines.

If you have the same community names, for example, for all your Linux Servers, then you should modify the /Server/Linux Device Class.  To Change the Configuration Prpoerties of a device class, select the class in the lefthand menu, click the DETAILS link at the top of the lefthand menu and then select the Configuration Properties menu.  You need to change the zSnmpComminity attribute to use whatever your target devices uses.  You may also want to change zSnmpVer parameter to also match your devices.  You don't need to start and stop anything to make this work.  Any target device that you then put in the /Server/Linux device class, Zenoss will then use these parameters.

If you only want to change the Configuration Properties for a single device, navigate to the detail page for that device and the Configuration Properties is there in the lefthand menu.

Cheers,

Jane

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points