Skip navigation
3295 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2012 6:35 AM by Jim Croft RSS
Jim Croft Newbie 4 posts since
Nov 2, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 12, 2012 9:43 AM

Problem with event views for device groups

Hi all

We are a managed service provider and have Zenoss (3.2.1) up and running monitoring our clients servers. We've created groups to add devices to. Our group structure is:

- Customers

- Customer A

- Customer B

- etc...

- Support Levels

- Gold

- Silver

- etc

Devices are added to two groups based on the customer they belong to and the level of support they're on.

When I use the infrastructure view and drill down to the specific customer group I see the list of devices. If I view the group details and then events I would expect to see the event view for that group. Instead I get no results. The events (and event history) are visible through the regular events view but not when I drill down to the customer group.

Anyone have any ideas about this? Is this not possible, is this a bug? Is there a way to organise devices using Groups, Systems or Locations that would enable me to view events and event history for a specific customers devices?

Many thanks

Jim

• dhopp Rank: Green Belt 184 posts since
    Jul 17, 2007
    1. Jan 12, 2012 4:10 PM (in response to Jim Croft)
    Re: Problem with event views for device groups

Jim -

This should work and I have verified that it works on my Zenoss install (I'm using 3.2.0 with some patches applied).  Can you see all events for a certain Device class (i.e say Server/Linux)?

--Dennis

• luizzmizz Rank: White Belt 58 posts since
    May 30, 2011
    4. Feb 2, 2012 6:27 AM (in response to Jim Croft)
    Re: Problem with event views for device groups

i would like to add my experience here...

we are reordering our organization, and when we move/copy a device that already has some events to a group A, group A doesn't get those events already existing.

Once the device is on that group, if we clear the event and it happens again, i mean, the event is generated again, it gets shown on every group the device belongs!

I believe when moving or copying a device to a group (and i believe to a system), the present events are not associated to the new configuration.

Clear the events for a device and let them happen again, you'll see.

PS: Ah! And i likeed your Suport Level Agreement groups

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points