Skip navigation
2483 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2012 6:28 AM by ciscokid RSS
ciscokid Rank: White Belt 12 posts since
Mar 25, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 9, 2012 7:02 AM

Edit some default settings for checking

Is there a way to change the paramaters for some of the default settings in zenoss core. i.e. the PING timeout setting and the disk usage settings. I would like to change these for some of my devices, such as change the disk usage warning to 85% on some servers rather than 90%. Also change the ping timeout setting to a longer period on some devices.

• luizzmizz Rank: White Belt 58 posts since
    May 30, 2011
    1. Jan 9, 2012 7:29 AM (in response to ciscokid)
    Re: Edit some default settings for checking

Hi, ciscokid!

For ping: Advanced/Collectors/localhost/Edit the property PingTimeOut

For disk usage: Advanced/Monitoring Templates, Group by Template, and edit Filesystem Template on the Device Class organizer you wish to modify.

For Filesystem, I would suggest to apply the most general threshold (85% or 90%) to the Filesystem on your organizer and, for every exception disk select "Templates" (where it normally shows graphs) and "Create Local Copy". Once the template is local, you can find it assigned directly to the disk on Monitoring Templates/Filesystem (this way you can update not only the threshold, but also the description), so you can always have a sight of which disks are on the general Threshold and which ones are exceptions.

Hope it helps!

May 30, 2011
    3. Jan 9, 2012 11:28 AM (in response to ciscokid)

You will find the template "Filesystem" on the monitoring templates section, under Advanced.

If you group the list of templates by Template Name, you will be able to unfold the filesystem template and see on which device class organizer it is applied to.

I recommend to read the Administration Guide, on "5.2. Templates". There is some conceptual background that would help to understand the mess I told before :S.

Hope it helps and don't forget to rate!

May 30, 2011
    4. Jan 16, 2012 3:05 AM (in response to ciscokid)

hey, ciscokid!

any advance on the template stuff?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points