Skip navigation
5369 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2011 8:37 AM by jmp242 RSS
joeadmin Rank: White Belt 80 posts since
Mar 21, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 21, 2011 9:20 AM

Changed Zwinuser but old user keeps trying to login

When I originally setup wmi monitoring I created a user named wmimonitor and everything tested fine in an isolated lab environment. Then I moved the zenoss server from a lab setting to a production network. On  the production network I decided to use a different name for the zWinUser. The old user was never used and thus it was never created in active directory on the production network.

Everything is working fine on the production network and monitoring is doing everything it should. However I am getting event log messages telling me that the old user wmimonitor is attempting to log in every few minutes with an error code  Failure Reason: Unknown user name or bad password.

It seems that Zenoss has retained the user name I had originally uses in the zproperties zWinUser. All I did was erase the old name and add the new one.

Is there a way to go into the database and find and then erase this user? Am I missing something here? This appears to be a variable that is passed to the server so I need to find where the source is and change it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points