Skip navigation
12118 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2010 11:44 AM by nelliott RSS
MattRK Rank: White Belt 57 posts since
Apr 28, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 26, 2010 7:16 PM

Multiple Select (Shift Select) removed???

Um... I can't select mutliple items anymore. (Shift Select) I can Ctrl+Click to select several different items, but i can't select hundreds or thousands of items at a time.

Hopefully there's some sort of magic check box somewhere that i can check to fix this. If not i may have to revert to 2.5.2. I can't live without my shift+select. lol.      

• jplouis ZenossEmployee 93 posts since
    May 7, 2008
    1. Jul 27, 2010 10:26 AM (in response to MattRK)
    Re: Multiple Select (Shift Select) removed???

It was removed because it didn't work properly.  Performing actions on objects that were shift selected could act on objects that were not in the list or not act on all the objects in the list.

The reason is that the selection was using the row number in the UI grid and there wasn't a reliable way of translating the row number of the grid to the event id in the database.  The new selection model actually keeps track of the event ids selected.  When you shift select over multiple grid pages you can select items that are no longer in the grid buffer and therefore we can't determine the event id.

• istoptofly Rank: Green Belt 305 posts since
    Apr 20, 2010
    3. Jul 27, 2010 1:18 PM (in response to MattRK)

First, I haven't messed with 3.0 outside of the public demo but can't you just narrow down the events using the filter boxes and then do a Select All with the dropdown?

John

• bbibeault ZenossEmployee 142 posts since
    May 19, 2009
    4. Jul 27, 2010 1:56 PM (in response to MattRK)

MattRK, the other response is entirely correct.  You can set filters to get the list of events that you want/expect/need, and then do a select-all to get those events, and then you can act on them as a group.  I remember some of the issues while testing the event console in 2.5.x, and there were as JP said, problems.  Please let me know if this does not work, and I can try and help further.

• may Rank: Green Belt 144 posts since
    Jan 26, 2008
    5. Jul 27, 2010 2:04 PM (in response to bbibeault)

I was also very disappointed that shift-select does not work any more.

It ts possible to add this feature somehow?

• Matt Ray Rank: Zen Master 2,484 posts since
    Apr 5, 2008
    6. Jul 27, 2010 2:31 PM (in response to istoptofly)

This technique works quite well.  Just filter to the events you want, then Select->All and you'll select all of those events and then you can send them to history or acknowledge them.

• nelliott Rank: Green Belt 83 posts since
    Sep 10, 2009
    8. Nov 17, 2010 11:44 AM (in response to MattRK)

+1 !!  __PLEASE__  fix SHIFT+SELECT.  Filtering + select all + close/acknowledge does technically work, but requires far more mouse clicks than a simple shift+select.  I am very lazy !!   <GRIN>

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points