Skip navigation
8448 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2012 9:31 AM by dotot62@yahoo.com Mcfadden RSS
rmacdonald Newbie 4 posts since
Nov 11, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 11, 2010 1:45 AM

Skipping Windows Filesystem

As a relative newbie to Zenoss I have scoured this site and others for information on how to ensure that a Windows servers' filesystems are all detected and monitored. I must have missed something simple somewhere and am hoping that someone would point out my obvious mistake . I am in the process of testing Zenoss 3.0.3 on an Ubuntu base (Zentyal).

Lets consider 2x Windows 2003 servers. Both have been prepped with the necessary SNMP changes to allow Zenoss to interact/draw information from each of the servers. SNMP informant has been loaded on both the servers. The one server reports all of its information relating to the filesystems but no drives. The other reports all information regarding the drives but it does not show all of the filesystems and ends up only showing C:\.

I have re-modeled the device (that doesnt display filesystem information) and have provided the following excerpts for information from the status/log window :-

2010-11-11 08:34:20,238 INFO zen.ZenModeler: plugins: DellPCIMap,  DellDeviceMap, DellCPUMap, zenoss.snmp.NewDeviceMap,  zenoss.snmp.InterfaceMap, zenoss.snmp.DeviceMap, zenoss.snmp.RouteMap,  zenoss.snmp.IpServiceMap, zenoss.snmp.HRFileSystemMap,  zenoss.snmp.HRSWInstalledMap, zenoss.snmp.HRSWRunMap,  zenoss.snmp.InformantHardDiskMap

2010-11-11 08:25:41,719 INFO zen.ZenModeler: Modeler zenoss.snmp.HRFileSystemMap processing data for device TB4.DBCM.LOCAL
2010-11-11 08:25:41,719 INFO zen.ZenModeler: Skipping D:\ Label:DATA  Serial Number f26a44b4. 0 total blocks.

If there is any more information I could provide to make this easier/clearer please let me know. Im trying to get the basics monitored at the moment and seem to be failing; possibly because of a lack of knowledge at this point in time.

Your assistance would be much appreciated.

Regards
Ronnie
  • Andrea Consadori ZenossMaster 863 posts since
    Feb 11, 2008
    1. Nov 11, 2010 2:24 AM (in response to rmacdonald)
    Re: Skipping Windows Filesystem

on the two server snmp service is configured in the same way with the same options?

• Andrea Consadori ZenossMaster 863 posts since
    Feb 11, 2008
    3. Nov 11, 2010 6:55 AM (in response to rmacdonald)

you've the same plugin on both server?

try to past modeler output of both of them

• jpertschuk Rank: White Belt 45 posts since
    Mar 4, 2008
    6. Jan 6, 2012 4:37 PM (in response to rmacdonald)

I'm in the same boat with a windows 2008 server which has a 8TB volume. The 4Tb volume show up and is monitored. I can snmp walk the server and find the mount which zenoss then "skips" over when you look at the output of a model command. I looked at zproperties, and nothing in there would/should exclude the volume, heck the 4TB volume shows up, so I'm LOST. I see that you can "add filesystem" manually but I can't get this to work either, nor does that process appear to be documented. Very confused. Any luck with this?

• jmp242 ZenossMaster 4,060 posts since
    Mar 7, 2007
    7. Jan 10, 2012 9:28 AM (in response to rmacdonald)

In your info, it says Zenoss is skipping F:/ because it's returning 0 blocks. I think that's probably the source of the issue. Now why it's doing that I don't know - are you running SNMPInformant on the Windows server?

--

James Pulver

ZCA Member

LEPP Computer Group

Cornell University

• dhopp Rank: Green Belt 184 posts since
    Jul 17, 2007
    8. Jan 10, 2012 10:38 AM (in response to rmacdonald)

As the zenoss user run zendmd and then run the following quick script:

>>> d = find('MYDEVICE1')

>>> for i in d.zCollectorPlugins:

...       print i

(note press enter twice after the 'print i')

Please paste the output of that.

--Dennis

• dotot62@yahoo.com Mcfadden Newbie 1 posts since
    Mar 30, 2012
    9. Mar 30, 2012 9:31 AM (in response to rmacdonald)

hey

i am relatively new at this so i might need your help with stuff

glad to know that feedback is great here

how to convert m4a to mp3 http://m4atomp3converter.org/

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points