Skip navigation
4369 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2009 4:41 AM by bwulf RSS
bwulf Rank: White Belt 9 posts since
Feb 16, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 16, 2009 8:34 AM

zenmib/smidump segfaults

Hello,

I'm trying to load SonicWALL MIBs into zenoss but unfortunately zenmib segfaults. I really don't know how to proceed. Any help is appreciated!

I'm using Zenoss 2.3.2 running on Debian (Linux (i686) 2.6.18 (Linux zenoss2 2.6.18-6-686 #1 SMP Fri Dec 12 16:48:28 UTC 2008 i686)). I used the stack installer (deb).

Here is what I did:
I saved the files SONICWALL-FIREWALL-TRAP and SONICWALL-SMI into /usr/local/zenoss/common/share/mibs/site and chmoded them to 644.

As user zenoss, run the following command:

INFO:zen.zenmib:Skipping file /usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/../common/share/mibs/ietf/.index
INFO:zen.zenmib:Skipping file /usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/../common/share/mibs/iana/.index
INFO:zen.zenmib:Skipping file /usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/../common/share/mibs/irtf/IRTF-NMRG-SMING-EXTENSIONS
INFO:zen.zenmib:Skipping file /usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/../common/share/mibs/irtf/IRTF-NMRG-SMING
INFO:zen.zenmib:Skipping file /usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/../common/share/mibs/irtf/.index
INFO:zen.zenmib:Skipping file /usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/../common/share/mibs/irtf/IRTF-NMRG-SMING-TYPES
INFO:zen.zenmib:Skipping file /usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/../common/share/mibs/tubs/.index
INFO:zen.zenmib:Loaded mib SONICWALL-SMI
sh: line 1: 30150 Segmentation fault      smidump -fpython -p "/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/../common/share/mibs/ietf/SNMPv2-TC" -p "/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/../common/share/mibs/ietf/SNMPv2-SMI" -p "/usr/local/zenoss/common/share/mibs/site/SONICWALL-SMI" "/usr/local/zenoss/common/share/mibs/site/SONICWALL-FIREWALL-TRAP" 2>/dev/null
ERROR:zen.zenmib:Failed to load mib: /usr/local/zenoss/common/share/mibs/site/SONICWALL-FIREWALL-TRAP

The command fails with a segfault:

cd /usr/local/zenoss
smidump -fpython -p "/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/../common/share/mibs/ietf/SNMPv2-TC" -p "/usr/local/zenoss/zenoss/../common/share/mibs/ietf/SNMPv2-SMI" -p "/usr/local/zenoss/common/share/mibs/site/SONICWALL-SMI" "/usr/local/zenoss/common/share/mibs/site/SONICWALL-FIREWALL-TRAP"
Segmentation fault

Since stderr is redirected to /dev/null, I tried to run it manually in order to get some clue, without luck:

cd /usr/local/zenoss
zenoss/bin/zenmib run /usr/local/zenoss/common/share/mibs/site/SONICWALL-SMI /usr/local/zenoss/common/share/mibs/site/SONICWALL-FIREWALL-TRAP

I've seen other posts by people trying the same thing and tried to incorporate there issues/insights into my problems but I'm out of luck.

The two MIBs in question can be accessed here (I added to .txt suffix in ordner to serve the correct mime type):

http://hyperion.antbear.org/bwolf/mibs/SONICWALL-FIREWALL-TRAP.txt
http://hyperion.antbear.org/bwolf/mibs/SONICWALL-SMI.txt

Regards
Marcus
  • Wouter DHaeseleer ZenossMaster 204 posts since
    Jun 22, 2007
    1. Feb 16, 2009 1:38 PM (in response to bwulf)
    RE: zenmib/smidump segfaults
    I'm pritty sure you are using the stack installer.

Zenoss has an issue with the stack installer:

To resolve try to do:

sudo mkdir -p /bitnami/zenossstack/output
    sudo chown zenoss.zenoss -R /bitnami
    ln -s /usr/local/zenoss/common /bitnami/zenossstack/output

• Wouter DHaeseleer ZenossMaster 204 posts since
    Jun 22, 2007
    3. Feb 17, 2009 4:39 AM (in response to bwulf)
    RE: zenmib/smidump segfaults
    I'm also using the stack installer and I love this way how it works.

Zenoss already knows about this issues and are fixing this ASAP.
    I guess there is not a single installation which I can say it would install always good.

But I have to say that I have really good experience with the stack install.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...