The community has created the Zenoss Community Alliance (ZCA) which is a group of senior community members who are working to evolve Zenoss core and the community to better serve the needs of the community and the entire Zenoss ecosystem. To this end, the board of ZCA has provided the following agenda:
1) Solidify our position and degree of feelings about Zenoss Inc's neglect of Core
2) Figure organizational model
a) board makes decisions
b) democratic decision making via polling
3) Discuss pro/con of
a) separate wiki for documentation/organization and use of Zenoss forums for mass communication
b) exclusively use Zenoss forums
4) Solidify Core demands/needs
a) What does Core lack to be a competitive product?
b) What features does Core need to share with Service Dynamics? - Under the assumption of working coop with Zenoss on Core codebase
c) What does Core need to operate and compete if forking is our only option in the future?
5) How do we incentivize projects?
6) How do we subsidize incentivized projects?
A conference call discussed many of these points today.
These are the action items:
1) Set up a mailing list for the board
2) Work out the ZCA "headquarters"
3) Provide more information about all of this to the wider community ASAP.