Submitted by:Peter Hunt
This ZenPack allows you to monitor performance data of Opengear Console Servers via SNMP (and SSH for now).
This ZenPack adds:
- A Device Organizer /Server/Console/Opengear
- Collector Plugins & Command Plugins for:
- Opengear Serial Port status
- Connected RPC (Remote Power Controller) device status
- Connected UPS device status
- Connected EMD (Environment Monitoring Device) status
- Additional tabs on the Device page to display details for Serial Ports, RPCs, UPSs& EMDs respectively.
- Templates for performance monitoring history are available for each of hte above categories displaying detailed graphs and tables.
- Event mapping is available for the following SNMP traps:
- /Events/App/Conn/ogconnEventOccurred for Opengear user connection notifications.
- /Events/HW/Serial/ogsgnlEventOccurred for configured Serial Port signal change alerts e.g. CTS, DCD, RTS
- /Events/Environ/ogsensEventOccurred for configured environmental alerts
After installing the ZenPack:
- Restarting Zenoss daemons may be necessary.
- Ensure devices of class /Server/Console/Opengear have correct SSH zProperties. By default devices of this class will use an SSH user of "root" with password "default". You will need to re-model devices with the correct settings to get working Device Tabs.
- Ensure devices of class /Server/Console/Opengear have the correct SNMP zProperties. By default devices of this class will use SNMP version 2c with a community string of "public".
- Existing Opengear devices added as a different device class will need to be deleted and re-modeled due to the new collector plugins.
Zenoss Version: 2.5
External Dependencies: Opengear MIBs
- 1.0 initial release
Trac tickets: http://zenpacks.zenoss.org/trac-zenpacks/report/1