This ZenPack provides UI for configuring multiple collectors with Zenoss Core. It implement remote collector configuration method described in How to install distributed collectors manual.
Adding Remote Collector
- install DistributedCollectors ZenPack on master server
- install Zenoss on remote collector without any ZenPacks
- configure "ssh public key authentication" on remote collector for user 'zenoss'
- in "Collectors" -> select menu item "Add Remote Monitor..." and enter name or ip address of remote collector
Updating Remote Collectors (after zenpacks install or romove)
- in "Collectors" select all remote collectors you want update.
- in "Collectors" -> select menu item "Update Remote Monitors..."
- Zenoss Version: 2.5
- ZenPack Dependencies:
- External Dependencies: ssh, find, cpio
- 1.0 initial release
- 1.1 moveRRDFiles method implemented for device class
Trac tickets: http://zenpacks.zenoss.org/trac-zenpacks/report/1