This ZenPack provides UI for configuring multiple collectors with Zenoss Core. It implement remote collector configuration method described in How to install distributed collectors manual.
Adding Remote Collector
- install DistributedCollectors ZenPack on master server
- install Zenoss on remote collector without any ZenPacks
- configure "ssh public key authentication" on remote collector for user 'zenoss'
- in "Collectors" -> select menu item "Add Remote Monitor..." and enter name or ip address of remote collector
- in "Collectors" select all remote collectors you want update.
- in "Collectors" -> select menu item "Update Remote Monitors..."
- Zenoss Version: 2.5, 3.0, 4.2
- ZenPack Dependencies:
- External Dependencies: ssh, find, cpio, tar
ADDITIONAL STEPS REQUIRED:
- Setup SSH keys between the master and the collector for the zenoss user like described here: http://community.spiceworks.com/education/projects/Passwordless_SSH_Using_Shared_Keys
- As the zenoss user, issue the following command: env > /home/zenoss/.ssh/environment
- As root, edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config and add the following line to the end of it: PermitUserEnvironment yes
- Restart sshd.
- 1.0 initial release
- 1.1 moveRRDFiles method implemented for device class
- 1.2 Zenoss 3.0 support
- 1.4 changed default 'Render URL'
- 1.6 support for zenmodeler and zendisc execution on remote collector over SSH
- 1.7 start zenmodeler daemon on remote collector
- 2.0 Zenoss 4.2 support, UI3 support
Trac tickets: http://zenpacks.zenoss.org/trac-zenpacks/report/1