My first stab a building a ZenPack.
The purpose of this ZenPack is to provide resource usage statistics related to the various Zenoss daemons running on hubs and/or collectors. It provides only a performance template called Zenoss-Stats-ps under /Devices/Server/Linux.
- Install attached Perl script in /usr/local/bin/
- Updated Net-SNMPd's config file (usually /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf), adding:
pass .188.8.131.52.3.2 /usr/bin/perl /usr/local/bin/zenoss_stats_ps.pl
- Restart/reload Net-SNMPd (usually service snmpd reload)
- Much of the Perl code was copied from other scripts found on the 'Net. I make no ownership/copyright claims to this!
- Tested only on Zenoss 2.4.2 (source tarball) on openSUSE linux 10.3.
- File/directory locations may need to be altered to fit your environment.
- Security implications have not been vetted. Are there potential issues with having Net-SNMP call an external Perl script?
- You do NOT need all daemons running on the remote server for this to work. Daemons not running will simply show up as "nan".
How can I get the script added to the ZenPack in such a way that it auto-installs it into $ZENHOME/libexec?
Example graphs produced by this ZenPack: