netdata (Wouter D'Haeseleer)
This ZenPack will do the following:
- Create a device class: /Devices/Server/ESX
- Apply a new FileSystem template to that class
- Add a libexec command to collect for the FileSystem template
- Add a new cmd collector plugin (VmwareEsxDf) and will be applied to the device class
- Add all ESX related MIBS
So you can get all the VMFS filesystems of the ESX server
What needs to be done?
If someone is good enough at Python it would be nice that: FileSystem template and VmwareEsxDf uses the 18.104.22.168.4.1.6876.99999.1 OID to get what they want.
Zenoss Version: 2.2
- Add the ESX server to Zenoss - once it is added please fill in the:
The VmwareEsxDf will model the filesystem using SSH but for the performance I will use SNMP. (I don't want to SSH every 5 min to the ESX server)
so on the ESX server edit the /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf and add:
exec .22.214.171.124.4.1.6876.99999.1 vdf /usr/sbin/vdf
The OID .126.96.36.199.4.1.6876.99999.1 is used by the FileSystem template.
Now restart the snmpd service on the ESX server:
Now you are ready to remodel the device and the VMFS filesystems will be added and after a few zencommand cycles you also will have the performance graphs for the filesystem.
Trac tickets: http://zenpacks.zenoss.org/trac-zenpacks/report/1