Step-By-Step Guide for Configuring Zenoss to Work with Websensor
1. Use Zenoss to install the Websensor ZenPack. The command to install a ZenPack from the command line is:
zenpack run --install filename
This unzips the ZenPack file into $ZENHOME/Products/ and installs the ZenPack in Zenoss.
2. Compile the Nagios plugin.
gcc check_em01.c -o check_em01
3. Copy the script to Zenoss plugins directory. The default is /usr/local/zenoss/libexec
but may vary according to your installation.
4. You are now ready to use the Websensor ZenPack. Simply add a new device and select /Websensor as the device class path. Discovery Protocol set to none. HW Manufacturer set to Esensors. HW Product set to EM01B Websensor.
5. You may test your setup by running a test zencommand at the command line.
zencommand run -d 192.168.254.102 -v10
6. Add thresholds to the data sources to generate warning/critical events.
Edit the Websensor Template by going to Devices -> Websensor -> Templates -> Websensor Template.
7. You can also add graphs if you wish. Use any of the Data Source as your Graph Points
Zenoss Version: 2.x
- EM01B Websensor deployed on your network
- Websensor Nagios Plugin
- GNU C compiler (GCC) version 3 and above.
Trac tickets: http://zenpacks.zenoss.org/trac-zenpacks/report/1