This WMI-based ZenPacks provides a template for monitoring Microsoft Exchange 2003. The WMIPerfExchange2003 template is available on the /Devices/Server/Windows device class and provides graphs for the Exchange User Statistics, Exchange SNMP Queues, Exchange Mailbox Queues, Exchange Public Queues, RPC Averaged Latency, Address List Queue, Email Delivery Rate and Email Delivery Time once it is bound and monitoring. It has Thresholds for all queues except Addess List Queue Length.
There are two informative graphs that can be interesting:
Then there are two graphs that shows you if your server is struggling under pressure.
- Users connected to mailstores, It's always nice to have a good history how many users are connected to your server.
- Messages per minute, same as above.. Nice to know how many messages you server handles over a longer period.
- Queue sizes, these should almost always be empty at normal use. From experience when these queues contains a lot of mails, something fishy is going on.
- Average delivery time also shows when the server is under heavy load.
- Zenoss Version: 3.0
- ZenPack Dependencies:
- External Dependencies:
- Note that these queries only work on Exchange 2003 (Except for the user counts)
- 1.0 initial version
- 1.1 merged with WMI Exchange 2003 Perf (DEPRECATED)
- 2.0.1 Zenoss 3.0.0 compatibility
- 2.0.2 Bug correction on one WMI request
Trac tickets: http://zenpacks.zenoss.org/trac-zenpacks/report/1