Submitted by: Egor Puzanov
This ZenPack provide full support for HP ProLiant Servers. This includes support for the hardware components:
- Temprature sensors
- Power supplies (limited support)
- Memory Modules
- Disk array hard disks
Logical disks and controllers (cpqida.mib)
- Fibre Channel hard disks
- Logical disks
- Chassis and controllers (cpqfca.mib)
- SCSI and SAS hard disks
Logical disks and controllers (cpqscsi.mib)
- IDE hard disks
Logical disks and controllers (cpqide.mib)
- NICs (cpqnic.mib)
- iLO Boards (cpqsm2.mib)
- Other PCI Devices
- SNMP performance (hard disks & nics)
- SNMP status polling
- SNMP traps (set the current component status)
- includes a number of MIBs and Event mappings
HP ProLiant Reports:
- iLO Boards
- Storage Controllers
- Hard Disks
When used in conjunction with the Advanced Device Details ZenPack, the ZenPack gathers and displays substantially more information.
Zenoss Version: 2.5, 3.0, 4.2
Advanced Device Details ZenPack
HP Insight Management Agents on monitored system
Installation: Install the ZenPack as any other - you still need to enable the monitoring for the device. The below instructions were posted in the forums by jbose, and they at least pass the sniff test.
Go to the specific device (yes, it needs to already be added).
1. From the > Menu select More -> Collector Plugins
2. Remove the zenoss.snmp.Cpu (click the X next to it)
3. Click "Add Fields"
4. Drag and drop all of the "community.snmp.HP*" entries in the right list over into the left list. Note that community.snmp.HPLogicalDiskMap, community.snmp.HPHardDiskMap and community.snmp.HPExpansionCardMap plugins must be at the end of lists.
5. CLICK SAVE (don't forget this step)
6. From the > Menu select Manage -> Model Device
7. Once it is completed modeling check out the hardware tab for the device, you should see CPUs, Harddrives, Fans, etc. If you don't you may have problems with snmp, so check those settings the usual way.
- 2.0 Zenoss 3.0 support
- 2.1 'HP iLO Boards' and 'HP Storage Controllers' reports
- 2.2 changes and fixes:
- fix SuSE Linux and ESX server modeling
- add support for new cpqHeResMem2Module OIDs
- reports moved to 'HP ProLiant Reports'
- new Hard Disks report
- added Logical Disks performance template
- added RAID Controllers performance template
- templates cosmetic fixes
- 2.3 RC1 (2.2.71):
- support MIB Kit Version 8.60
- set components manufacturer by modeling
- some code cleanups
- 2.3 RC2 (2.2.72)
- fix 'InitializeClass' import
- 2.3.0 Zenoss 4 compatibility, support MIB Kit Version 9.25
Trac tickets: http://zenpacks.zenoss.org/trac-zenpacks/report/1