Submitted by:Egor Puzanov
This ZenPack provides monitoring of MS SQL databases. There are MsSqlDatabase and MsSqlSrvInst database component templates and a community.sql.MsSqlDatabaseMap zCollectorPlugin that the device will need to use. Use zMsSqlSrvInstances zProperty to specify list of MS SQL Server Instances.
- Zenoss Version: 2.5, 3.0
- ZenPack Dependencies:
- External Dependencies:
- Requires either FreeTDS ODBC Driver or pyodbc to be installed
- Requires FreeTDS ODBC Driver registered with name "FreeTDS". The following zProperties need configuration:
- zMsSqlConnectionString - ODBC Connection String
- zWinUser - username
- zWinPassword - password
Included in "sqlpermissions.zip" is a SQL script which will establish the necessary permissions for monitoring your MS SQL server. The user account that will be connecting should be a domain login with "view server state" permissions. Simply change $USERNAME to the desired domain\username.
- 1.0 original release
- 2.0 updated to Zenoss 2.5 and use of ODBC driver or pyodbc
- 2.1 Zenoss 3.0 support
- 2.2 fixed installation problem
- 2.3 fixed modeler plugin
- 3.0 multiple MS SQL Server Instances support and new Templates and Graphs
- 3.1 zMsSqlConnectionString (UID, PWD and SERVER options) overrides zWinUser, zWinPassword and manageIp values by modeling
- 3.2 switch from ODBC data source to SQL data source
Trac tickets: http://zenpacks.zenoss.org/trac-zenpacks/report/1
Known issues: Version 3.0 of this ZenPack doesn't works with MS SQL 2000
Testing: This ZenPack was tested with MS SQL 2005.