Instruction for calling a method on a Zenoss object with a URL
Zenoss's web interface will let you run any method of any object using a simple URL. Calls will be in the following format:
- USERNAME is the user with the rights to view this information.
- PASSWORD is the user's password
- MY_ZENOSS_HOST is the hostname or IP of your instance of Zenoss
- PATH_TO_OBJECT is the full path to the object you wish to access
- METHOD_NAME is the object's method you wish to run
- ARG is a method's parameter name
- VAL is a methods's parameter value
The following example thanks to Chet Luther (firstname.lastname@example.org):
This example will give the most recent load average of a Linux server:
Notice the following things about this URL:
- /zport/dmd/Devices/Server/Linux/devices/angel is the full path to our object we wish to access
- getRRDValue is the method in the Device object we wish to run
- dsname is a parameter to the getRRDValue method.
- laLoadInt5_laLoadInt5 is the value of dsname which is the name of the data source we are interested in.
Watching the URLs as you browse the web interface can give you a place to start searching.