In order to take some of the tedious process around building new Zenoss Core Alpha 4 builds I put together a small shell script to handle all the mundane tasks. Its nothing fancy, but should hopefully save you some time in tracking down various downloads and such
The script is completly dependant on the fact that you are running it on a clean/fresh RHEL derivative. Its not going to work on another distro like Ubuntu.
The following requirements must be met:
- You must be running on a RHEL derivative.
- Ensure you meet all other requirements as outlined in the official installation guide.
- The machine you are running this on will need access to various internet sites.
- You should start with a minimal install to avoid any dependency issues
- You might want to disable iptables, or at least open up 8080 so you access the web ui after instalation is complete
Just run the following to get the ball rolling:
yum -y update openssl
wget -N https://raw.github.com/ZCA/zenoss_zca_utils/master/source/scripts/4x_alpha_builder/4x_alpha_build_$HOSTTYPE.sh sh 4x_alpha_build_$HOSTTYPE.sh
** Your mileage may vary on the need to update openssl. I had to do this on Centos 5 as I didn't have the required CA Certificates to prevent certificate errors from wget. If you have the proper certificates already present that step can be skipped.