Developed by: Joseph Anderson
This Zenpack provides modeling and monitoring of the Siebel CRM Application Server.
- No agent or changes needed on the remote server.
- Tested against Windows, but should support mutliple platforms
- Provides component-level modeling of Siebel CRM Application subcomponents
- Collects an average of 112 data points per component
- subcomponents may have different data points available
- component template can be easily localized and datapoints added
- data collection script will provide this data without modification (Nagios format)
This ZenPack is very heavily inspired by the recently released "Siebel CRM Monitoring" Zenpack, and this author owes an enormous debt of gratitude to the author of that ZenPack, for sharing his knowledge and expertise. I can say personally that there is a strong need for this capability, and extremely few open-source options providing it.
Although it was comprehensive, that ZenPack was unsuitable for our environment (we have an extensive Siebel deployment). This ZenPack "repackages" the best parts of the other one while simplifying its deployment and configuration. It's construction/layout is perhaps also better taylored to the conventional Zenoss Administration conventions.
Rather than specifying the specific Siebel component against which to collect data, this ZenPack models the remote server and creates components corresponding to all available subcomponents. These subcomponents are then modeled and managed as typical device "components" (such as a file system).
Initial Component Template Thresholds have been copied directly from the preexisting "Siebel CRM Monitor" ZenPack but are disabled.
The ZenPack provides the following
- SiebelComponent Template provides:
- Data Sources
- SiebelStatus returns number corresponding to component status
- SiebelTasks returns the number of total tasks, good tasks, and bad tasks
- SiebelPerf returns performance statistics per component
- various (Min/Max)
- Data Sources
- ZenModeler plugins:
- Event Class:
- zensiebelperf collector daemon
This ZenPack relies on a local install of the "srvrmgr" binary that ships with Siebel Enterprise Server. That binary must reside on the Zenoss server, as all commands to the remote server are performed through it. It is assumed that a working installation exists, and that the srvrmgr binary is symlinked to /opt/zenoss/libexec (the zenpack install will attempt to do this). The srvrmgr binary may also require modified permissions to run (mine is 755).
If /opt/zenoss/libexec/srvrmgr works as the "zenoss" user, then the configuration is likely correct.
New Device zProperties are added (these correspond to the command-line arguments of srvmgr):
All are required for the modeler/data source to function.
A "Siebel" Device class should be added at some level of the Devices heirarchy, with the following:
- zPythonClass zProperty should be set to ZenPacks.community.zenSiebelCRM.SiebelDevice
- zCollectorPlugins should contain siebelComponentMap in the list of modeler plugins
- Zenoss Versions Supported: 3.0
- External Dependencies: see above notes
- ZenPack Dependencies:
- Installation Notes: zopectl restart; zenhub restart ; zensiebelperf restart after installing this ZenPack.
- Configuration: see above notes
- 1.0 initial release
- 3 datasources added to collect state, task, and performance data
- zensiebelperf daemon added to collect data and serialize data collection
- support for manual deletion of components added to SiebelComponent
- 2.0 many improvements/bug fixes
Tested: This ZenPack was tested with Zenoss versions 3.1 and 3.2.
Known issues: None Yet