Developed by: Maarten Wallraf
This is my first attempt to write a Zenoss v3.x ZenPack: a new simple but complete PrinterMIB zenpack to monitor printer supplies (ink level, etc) of printers supporting the RFC 1759 PrinterMIB.
- new PrinterMIB device class + PrinterSupply component class
- TwoNMS.snmp.PrinterMAP modeler
- /Printer/PrinterMIB device class
- RRD template to monitor the ink level + threshold
- 2 reports: inventory + Ink Usage graphs
- editable details field for graph color
Component detail with editable color field:
Ink usage report:
Default ZenPack installation, no additional actions needed.
A device class /Printers/PrinterMIB is added and removed when uninstalling the ZenPack.
A PrinterMIB Report section is added.
A PrinterSupply RRDTemplate is added.
- Zenoss Versions Supported: >= 3.0 (does not work with v2.x)
- Installation Notes: zopectl restart after installing this ZenPack.
- 1.0 initial release
- 1.1 slightly modified by Jane Curry to work with Zenoss 4.2.3
Tested: This ZenPack was tested with version 3.1
Source: <add link - available on github soon>
Caveats: The ZenPack has only been tested with a "HP LaserJet 2600n" printer but should work with all printers supporting the RFC compliant PrinterMIB. The PrinterMIB is quite extensive but the HP 2600n printer only supports the ink utilization oids.