Submitted by: Benny Chitambira
This monitoring and modeling ZenPack provides Dell PowerConnect iSCSI Switch/SAN device information such as interface, fan, power, temp, cpu, iscsi mibs, and storage events.
The Zenpack provides:
- A Powerconnect template which provides:
- monitors fan state
- monitors dc and ac supply state
- monitors temprature
- graphs for cpu utilisation and temperature (depends on firmware ver)
- Dell-vendor Mibs for iscsi
- Radlan mibs
- Event transforms in /Events/Storage/SAN
The zenpack is extensible and one can incoporate other snmp datasources or modify the graphs that can be generated from them. Upgrades may follow depending on features are required.
The ZenPack has the following Device Class(es)
Performance Template PowerConnect
/zport/dmd/Devices/Storage/Switches/rrdTemplates/PowerConnect checks the status of the fan and the power supply, and alerts when either goes down.
DataSource Datapoint Description cpuUtil1 cpuUtil1 cpuUtil5 cpuUtil5 envMonACSupplyState envMonSupply1State envMonDCSupply2State envMonSupply2State envMonFan1State envMonFanState envMonFan2State envMonFan2State envMonFan3State envMonFan3State envMonFan4State envMonFan4State envMonFan5State envMonFan5State globalStatus globalStatus tempStatus tempStatus tempValue tempValue
Graph CPU Utilization
Name Type Description cpuUtil1 DataPointGraphPoint cpuUtil5 DataPointGraphPoint
Name Type Description tempValue DataPointGraphPoint
Performance Template ethernetCsmacd_powerconnect_64
/zport/dmd/Devices/Storage/Switches/rrdTemplates/ethernetCsmacd_powerconnect_64 Standard ethernet interface template with 90% utilization threshold
DataSource Datapoint Description ifHCInOctets ifHCInOctets ifHCOutOctets ifHCOutOctets ifInErrors ifInErrors ifInMulticastPkts ifInMulticastPkts ifInUcastPackets ifInUcastPackets ifOperStatus ifOperStatus ifOutErrors ifOutErrors ifOutMulticastPkts ifOutMulticastPkts ifOutUcastPackets ifOutUcastPackets
Name Type Description ifInErrors DataPointGraphPoint ifOutErrors DataPointGraphPoint
Name Type Description ifInUcastPackets DataPointGraphPoint ifOutUcastPackets DataPointGraphPoint
Name Type Description high utilization ThresholdGraphPoint ifHCInOctets DataPointGraphPoint ifHCOutOctets DataPointGraphPoint
Event Class Information:
The Path column in the table is starting from the /Events class. The Code? column indicates if the Event Class contains a transform or not.
Installation / Usage:
You will want to model a PowerConnect device with the following steps:
- Replace the modeler plugin Zenoss.snmp.InterfaceMap with Zenoss.snmp.NewinterfaceMap for the powerconnect devices. Assure that you do this in the correct device class, so as not to effect other devices in other classes.
- Replace the modeler plugin Zenoss.snmp.RouteMap with Zenoss.snmp.NewRouteMap for the powerconnect devices (you can use the BridgeMib zenpack to monitor its interfaces)
- Make sure you have /Events/Storage/SAN container.
- The template 'PowerConnect' will be placed in /Devices/Storage/Switches, make sure the template is bound to the appropriate devices.
- In the templates, some datapoints are not enabled by default, make sure to enable appropriate datapoints depending on your device version (default ones should work with 34xx)
- Zenoss Versions Supported: 3.0
- External Dependencies: None
- ZenPack Dependencies:
- 1.0 initial release
Tested: This ZenPack was tested with Zenoss version 3.0