Submitted by: Eric Enns
This zenpack gathers performance data from VSphere hosts (ESX/ESXi) using the VSphere Perl SDK. Currently there are only two allowed datasources, VMwareHost and VMwareGuest. There are a few in development, and as I have time I will continue to add more. The data is collected by backend perl scripts which use the Vsphere Perl SDK. Would like to transition a python api but none are currently available, there is a pshere project but it hasn't been tested enough to be a reliable option http://bitbucket.org/jkinred/psphere/src/tip/psphere/. This zenpack is currently only being used by ZenPacks.community.VMwareESXiMonitor.
The device that you want to get performance data needs to be added into zenoss with it's fqdn (fully qualified domain name, also this must be lowercase because fqdn is case sensitive and will stay this way) as it's device name. If you followed the instructions in VMwareESXiMonitor I gave on how to add a device you would be gathering performance data with no problem.
First install the dependencies. Secondly install the zenpack from command line or gui as usual and you are set to go.
VMware VSphere Perl SDK available here vsphere perl sdk
- Zenoss Versions Supported:2.5.X & 3.0.X
- External Dependencies: VMware VSphere Perl SDK available here vsphere perl sdk
- ZenPack Dependencies:
- Installation Notes:zenoss restart after installing this ZenPack.
- Configuration: Configuration Properties?
- 1.0 initial release
- 1.1 added Zenoss 2.5 compatiblity and ubuntu server compatibility
- 1.1.1 Fixed bug that stopped data collection in 3.0 after adding 2.5 compatibility
- 1.1.2 Disable data collection when guest is powered down
Tested: This ZenPack was tested with Zenoss version 3.0.X and 2.5.X.