Submitted by: Ryan Matte
The Formula Data Source ZenPack allows you to create a new data source in a template, that contains multiple other existing data sources added up, multiplied, divided. This functionality is not provided in Zenoss by default. Now, you might for example add up two types of memory and create a threshold on the new formula datapoint. The threshold would go off when both of the added memory types go over a certain amount.
How to Use:
- Add a FORMULA datasource to a template.
- Configure the "Data Formula" for the datasource. The formula is simple. datasources/datapoints are defined with the $ symbol. Any of the basic mathematical operators, or any functions from the math module can be used. You can also call on values such as here.hw.totalMemory.
$laLoadInt1 + $laLoadInt15 / $laLoadInt5 + sqrt(1000)
$laLoadInt1_laLoadInt1 + $laLoadInt15_laLoadInt15 / $laLoadInt5_laLoadInt5 + sqrt(1000)
$laLoadInt1 + ($laLoadInt15 / $laLoadInt5) + sqrt(1000)
- Zenoss Versions Supported: 2.5 / 3.0
- External Dependencies: none
- ZenPack Dependencies: none
- Installation Notes:
- 1.4 initial release
- 1.5 added support for the following template types: Interface, OS Process, FileSystem
- 1.6 made template support dynamic (now supports all template types), also minor performance enhacements.
- 1.6-2.7 - Updated to work with 4.x.
Tested: This ZenPack was tested with versions 2.5 and 3.0.