It's finally here! The new Zenoss 3.0.0 release is right around the corner. We've hit our first milestone of no outstanding P1 tickets (as of the time the build was generated), so we are labeling this artifact Zenoss 3.0.0 RC1. What this means:
1) This build is a release candidate, not a release. This is not the officially supported Zenoss 3.0.0 release.
2) This is a release candidate build; if no blocking issues are found, then this build could be promoted to a gold release build
3) This build is *the* build to test as quickly and thoroughly as you can - anything we can catch before release can go into the 3.0.0 gold release.
This build is unique in that it now involves the pre-upgrade zenpack, and new upgrade instructions (a first for Zenoss since I have been here). These changes are around the move to the 3.0.0 framework, and I do not think will continue for future builds.
Location of the bits:
- Instructions for upgrading - http://sourceforge.net/projects/zenoss/files/zenoss-3.0.rc/Before_Upgrading_To_3.0.rc.txt
- PreUpgrade30 ZenPack - http://sourceforge.net/projects/zenoss/files/zenoss-3.0.rc/ZenPacks.zenoss.PreUpgrade30-1.0-py2.4.egg
- Zenoss 3.0.0 RC1 bits - http://sourceforge.net/projects/zenoss/files/zenoss-3.0.rc/
Due to the time crunch around a release, we will not be holding a QA test day for this build. However, as always, we welcome any and all feedback that you can provide. Tickets into the Trac system are reviewed on a daily basis (if not hourly) by some of the testers. Posts to the zenoss-testing forum on this site are monitored as they come in. And, as always, there is the #zenoss channel on IRC. Please offer all of the feedback that you can in the next couple of days!