We are happy to announce the release of Zenoss Core 3.2.0 to the public! It contains new features like SNMPv3 Traps, page and UI rewrites, optimizations, and dozens of bug fixes. For a full list of features and fixes, see release notes and blog post. Please note that there is also a 3.2.0 enterprise version that will be distributed to customers seperately.
Important Upgrade Note:
If you are upgrading your Zenoss installation, it must be at version 3.1.0 or greater. See the release notes for upgrade-path details.
The Upgrade Path is roughly: 2.5.x* -> 3.0.3 -> 3.1.0 -> 3.2.0
The * is about running the preupgrade ZenPack first (before upgrading from 2.5.x)
ZenPack Updates in Core 3.2.0
- Device Search 1.0.0 newly included ZenPack to search for devices by name, IP or wildcard
- MySql Monitor updated to 2.1.3
- LDAP Monitor updated to 1.2.3
Major Features / Fixes
- SNMPv3 Traps can now be received
- Send a v3 trap: snmptrap -v3 -n "" -a SHA -A mypassword -x AES -X mypassword -l authPriv -u traptest -e 0x8000000001020304 localhost 0 linkUp.0
- zentrap will log it if you are running at -v10 and it will create an event for it
- there are a bunch of zProperties to set up to match the command
- UI features and enhancements - dozens of pages revamped
- Unified event consoles, all consoles look and act the same http://dev.zenoss.com/trac/ticket/7802
- Pages in UI completely rewritten for significant performance and functionality
- zenhub Updates
- ...more in release notes and blog post
Installation and upgrades are covered in the Zenoss Installation Guide in EPUB, HTML and PDF formats. Please use the 3.0 version of our documents, as these also pertain to 3.2.0 .