We are proud to announce the release ofThe latest Zenoss version was developed in conjunction with our community of more than 50,000 members who provided product input, monitoring extensions, patches and extensive beta testing.
Zenoss Core 2.5
Zenoss Core 2.5 includes the following new features:
- Event Console - With a new look and feel, the Event Console makes it even easier for IT operators to complete their most common tasks. The primary design features were based on a set of usability interviews and include streamlined navigation, inline event filtering and a preview pane.
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) Monitoring - New Amazon EC2 monitoring provides dynamic snapshots of both the individual and collective performance of the instances within an account. In addition, Zenoss Core now includes the ability to immediately track performance without user intervention and to drill deep on performance issues with “inside-the-instance” monitoring.
- Over 40+ New Community Developed Extensions - Since the release of Zenoss 2.4, the community has significantly extended the capabilities of Zenoss Core in the form of over 40+ new ZenPacks.
- Egor Puzanov's ODBC Data Source ZenPack provides a new data source for monitoring databases via ODBC. This ZenPack is the basis for the MS SQL ODBC Database Monitor, MySQL ODBC Database Monitor and PostgreSQL ODBC Database Monitor ZenPacks.
- David Nicklay's Community NetApp ZenPack merges three existing ZenPacks into a single source, providing comprehensive monitoring for NetApp devices.
- Eric Edgar provides new monitoring threshold functions via Point, Range and Predictive Threshold ZenPacks.
- Site Window Portlet that provides easy access to Zenoss information resources on the dashboard, adopted from the Community ZenPack (Thanks Ian!).
- Community Submitted Bugs, Feature Requests and Testing - The Zenoss Community provided significant testing and feedback during this release cycle submitting over 65 bugs and feature requests that have been addressed in version 2.5.
In addition to the new features, the Documentation has all been refreshed and substantially updated. For this release, there were over , greatly improving the overall stability and reliability of Zenoss Core. We would also like to take the opportunity to thank and highlight the 120+ community-contributed ZenPacks that are currently available.
Thanks again to everyone who participated in the Zenoss 2.5 “King Crab” beta program as well!