What is the Submit a ZenPack Contest?
Community contributed ZenPacks have typically consisted of new monitoring solutions, but did you know that ZenPacks can do even more than that? We’re looking for as many useful submissions as possible, monitoring something not yet covered, improvements to existing ZenPacks or extending Zenoss to provide new functionality. It doesn’t have to be overly complex, but don’t let that stop you from going wild. You can also submit detailed instructions on using Community ZenPacks if the existing documentation is not up to snuff. There are a lot of ZenPacks that are being tested or have yet to been submitted to Zenoss for hosting, so this contest is your chance to show off your chops and possibly win a great prize.
- Contributed ZenPacks should be Zenoss 2.2-style .eggs.
- So that we would be able to potentially include the ZenPack in a future release of Zenoss, please consider filling out our contribution form. If you’ve previously filled it out, you do not need to do so again.
- Send an email to email@example.com with the title “Submit a ZenPack Contest” with your name, the attached ZenPack and any instructions or descriptions you would like to include.
- Submissions for the Zenoss Submit a ZenPack Contest are open until August 15th at which time we will draw randomly from all entries.
- Multiple entries are allowed and encouraged. You will get one entry for each tip submitted.
- Special Bonus: If you have a blog and you post your Zenoss ZenPack with a link back to the ZenPacks page we will enter your tip in the drawing twice (Please be sure to include the comment in your email submission and include the trackback link for this post in your blog entry).
- The contest will be open until August 15th at which time we will draw 1 entry randomly from all entries and the judges will select another. We will announce the winners shortly thereafter.
We figured why just give 1 lucky winner an Asus Eee Ultra-Compact Linux Laptop when we can give away 2? So we will be selecting 1 winner at random and 1 by our judges from the submissions and giving them their choice of Galaxy Black or Pearl White Eee PC 2G Surf Linux Laptops.
Get the power of a full-sized laptop in the ultra-compact ASUS Eee PC 2G Surf, which offers a full QWERTY keyboard, 7-inch screen, and preinstalled Linux operating system. (This laptop is also compatible with the Microsoft Windows XP operating system.) You’ll be able to stay connected to email and the Internet easily thanks to the Wi-Fi LAN (802.11b/g), and communicate via video chat and VoIP with the Webcam integrated into the display’s bezel. Because it uses flash memory instead of a hard drive (with 2 GB of storage), the Eee PC is optimal for weathering rough handling and sharing space in overstuffed bags.
For the professional, the Eee PC comes with a powerful selection of software to maximize personal productivity–over 40 built-in applications. The Open Office suite of software enables the user to open, edit and create documents, presentations, spreadsheets and databases that are compatible with Microsoft Office. For journalists, photographers and other professionals who need to use a computer in the field to create, to communicate and to collaborate with other colleagues, the Eee PC’s combination of power, extreme portability and rugged build makes it the ideal computing solution.It’s also a great choice for young students, with a built-in Dictionary that’s great for homework, and it includes two modes of intuitive graphic user interface design to accommodate both experienced and inexperienced PC users. The Eee PC also handles your digital images, movies, and music as well as Internet radio.
Compact and highly portable at just 32 ounces, the Eee PC 2G Surf has a 7-inch wide color TFT LCD with an 800 x 480-pixel resolution (WXGA). Under the hood is a 800 MHz Intel Mobile CPU with integrated Intel graphics processor, 512 MB of RAM (not expandable), and 2 GB of solid-state flash memory. With the dependable solid-state disk, you get unparalleled shock-protection and reliability. In addition to its wireless LAN, it also offers wired Fast Ethernet connectivity and a 56K modem. The Eee PC includes software for Web browsing (Firefox), email, OpenOffice 2.0 for creating and editing word processing documents and spreadsheets, and a suite of other productivity software to help keep you on track.
You get three USB 2.0 ports, a VGA output for connecting to external monitors, headphone and microphone jacks, and a Secure Digital (SD) memory card slot. The Eee PC measures 8.9 x 6.5 x 1.4 inches, and it weighs 32 ounces. The 4-cell, 5200 mAh battery provides up to 3.5 hours of battery life.