The new Zenoss 2.2 Core ZenPacks are now available for download and we’ve added a few new ones:
- Dig Monitor
- FTP Monitor
- Http Monitor
- IRCD Monitor
- Jabber Monitor
- LDAP Monitor
- NNTP Monitor
- NTP Monitor
- RPC Monitor
You can go to the ZenPack Project Site to see all the Community and Core ZenPacks currently available. If you prefer you can download the Core ZenPack Bundle for all the available Core ZenPacks.
Keep these things in mind for a happier ZenPack install or upgrade experience:
- New ZenPacks are distributed as Python .egg files, you may install them the same way you previously installed the .zip ZenPacks.
- If you installed Zenoss via a native rpm and want to use the ZenPacks RPM make sure you have read the instructions here: http://www.zenoss.com/community/docs/install-guides/zenoss-upgrade-instructions/
- Zenoss must be running when you attempt to install an individual ZenPack or the ZenPacks rpm. (Don’t attempt to install the Core RPM and the ZenPacks RPM at the same time!)
- If installing the individual ZenPacks remember to run zenpack –install as the zenoss user.
- If you are using a source-based installer for Zenoss make sure you have run zenmigrate since upgrading to 2.2 before installing ZenPacks.
- zenpack –list (as the zenoss user) will give you a list of installed ZenPacks and inform you if any are broken.
- If something goes awry, it may help to run zenmigrate manually (as the zenoss user.)
- Restart Zenoss after you have installed ZenPacks. (The ZenPacks rpm should restart Zenoss automatically.)
- If you have any problems or questions please post on theZenoss ZenPacks forum and remember to detail in your post the platform you are installing on, which installation method you are using and whether you are performing a clean install or an upgrade.