The latest packaged version of Zenoss Core Beta for 2.1, Release 2.0.93, is available for download.
More information can be found here.
Zenoss Beta for 2.1 is available from: http://www.zenoss.com/download.
Zenoss Core 2.1 marks a significant update for many areas of Zenoss Core, including overall look and feel, back-end performance enhancements and added functionality. This beta release will have only critical bug fixes before the final release target of October 18th. Please help us out by testing aggressively!
Please report all issues you find with the release to the zenoss-users forum (http://community.zenoss.com/forums/) or to the mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org) and please include the word “BETA” in the subject line.
The Zenoss 2.1 Beta release 2.0.93 includes a few enhancements as well as many minor fixes detailed below:
- Event “pills” representing events that are entirely acknowledged are now grayed out. Also, we have added a tooltip to event pills specifying the number of acknowledged and unacknowledged events.
- Having a tough time aligning your dashboard portlets? No longer! Resizing of portlets now snaps to every 5 pixels. Moreover, all rows and headers inside a portlet have been made multiples-of-5 pixels high, so everything can be sized just right.
- Added a new dashboard portlet to display devices with a (configurable) list of production states.
- A fix to load Google Maps quicker is included in this release. Now, by setting the zDrawMapLinks zProperty to false, Google Maps can be told to ignore certain networks when calculating which links to draw. If Google Maps is slow for you, try setting that zProperty to false on any networks that do not span mappable Locations. If you don’t have any networks that span mappable Locations, set that zProperty to False at the root (/zport/dmd/Networks).
- Added blue dot image.
- Added grey event pills.
- Paging of the device list on the device organizer status screen has been restored.
- Repaired some address caching issues with Google Maps.
- The dashboard no longer leaks while refreshing (in Firefox; still leaking event listeners in IE). Also, it no longer flashes when updating portlet contents.
- Bad addresses no longer break Google Maps. (2077)
- Links on Google Maps can now be colors other than red and green. (2128)
- The event console now grows when new events come in. (1445)
- A bug wherein the event console would occasionally fail to display events has been rectified.(2058)
- Checkboxes on admin object page now clickable (r6942)
GRAPHING AND REPORTS
- Graphs without a y-axis label given an empty label so they align correctly with other graphs on page. (2118)
- Graph lineTypes, stacking and legends more appropriately migrated. (2130)
- Line and Area GraphPoints display the correct legend and stacking behavior when set to stack without a legend. (2131)
- Creating report organizers immediately under /Reports no longer gives error. (2132)
- Several graph related classes more resilient to being created with unusual ids. (2104)
- When editing a Collection a selection of multiple Devices and multiple components correctly adds the components and not the devices to the collection. (2113)
- Instances of several graph related classes can now be renamed where previously this caused an error. (2105)
- DataPoint GraphPoints are by default named after the datapoint id, not the datapoint’s combined datasource_datapoint name. (2130)
- The CSS class of some elements on MultiGraph Report pages have been changed to be consistent with rest of Zenoss. (2121)
- Removed sequence column from GraphDefinitions displayed on MultiGraph Report edit pages.
- Default sort columns correctly set on the MultipGraph Report edit page.
- Custom graph commands are now migrated to used the appropriate GraphPoint ids rather than datasource names.
- Improved reportmail, the Zenoss report to email converter
- Add –subnets option to zendisc. Allows for recursive discover of subnetworks. (1843)
- Add –statusmonitor option to zendisc. Allows setting the default status monitor assigned to discovered devices. (2135)
- Fixed zencommand to gracefully handle malformed values. (2157)
- Added ApachePack and MySqlMonitor ZenPacks.
- OID Mapping and trap can now be added to ZenPack (2155)
- ProductClass can now be added to ZenPack (2154)
- Removed “Add to ZenPack” menu item from template components (2156)
- Adding object when URL has a template name in it, wouldn’t actually add object to ZenPack (2152)
- Changes to pynetsnmp to improve stability.
- Configured a default encoding of latin-1 for python and Zope.
- Fixed “KeyError” stack traces to GUI caused by session timeouts
- Event views support “begins with” for Device and Event classes (2125)
- Sending a test page gave an error (2150)
- Device loader page didn’t check ids of new objects (2140)
- Fixed manage_addAdministrativeRole (2088)
- Fixed AttributeError on groupManager (2082)
- Check for illegal character in password (1461)
- zPropOverridden should have option to list overriding devices (2103)
- Split netmask and IP address on new route dialog (2099)
- Updated pynetsnmp to 0.26.8 on appliance (2144)
- Added sitecustomize package to appliance (2143)
- pydot libs removed (1962)
- Changed permission on Extensions and import directories in ZENHOME (2067)
–Zenoss Dev Team